Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday's Art: a Monet kind of Mess

Claude Monet
Water Lilies (close up), 1906
Claude Monet (1840-1926) is credited with being the father Impressionism. [Source] He gives his audience an impression of reality, a view that's not exactly complete. It's quite beautiful from a distance, but up close, it's a giant indecipherable mess.

When I look at Monet's work, I can't help but think of how we'll finally be able to see our lives once we're in heaven: mixed with the lives of everyone else, and most importantly, mixed with the life of Christ. Then I will finally be able to smile and say, "Oh, so that's the beautiful picture You were painting with me."

Every brushstroke has its place. So, when life is looking more like a mess than a masterpiece, take a step back and remember God's promise: "I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

Claude Monet
Water Lilies, 1906
Suggested verse to repeat if it's a difficult day is from Psalm 31:14
PRC buddies, remember to breathe!
"I trust in you, O LORD; -------> 5 count inhale
You are my God." -------> 5 count exhale

No comments:

Post a Comment