Thursday, November 22, 2012

On Giving Thanks

Norman Rockwell's Thanksgiving Dinner


Giving thanks is not a requirement. It's a free response to something wonderful, something worth appreciating, something we're grateful for. (Hence the "giving" part). Jesus gave His life for you. He expects nothing in return. As for me and my house? Today, we're letting our thanks be enough while we enjoy our salvation.

No, I'm not toasting my health. Not exactly, but even without that or family or wealth enough for a turkey or whatever our situations, we each have the love of God. Everything after that is, well, gravy.

Suggested verse to repeat on this Day of Thanksgiving is Psalm 9:1a
PRC buddies, remember to breathe!
"I will give thanks to the Lord -------> 5 count inhale
with my whole heart." -------> 5 count exhale
Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment