Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Slippery Places


"Truly God is good to Israel,
to those who are pure in heart.
But as for me: my feet had almost stumbled,
my steps had nearly slipped,
For I was envious of the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
They have no pangs until death;
their bodies are fat and sleek.
They are not in trouble as others are;
they are not stricken like the rest of mankind.
When I thought how to understand this,
it seemed to me a wearisome task,
Until I went into the sanctuary of God;
then I discerned their end.
Truly You set them in slippery places;
You make them fall to ruin.
How they are destroyed in a moment,
swept away utterly by terrors!
Like a dream when one awakes."
     Psalm 73:1-5, 17-20a

I wouldn't wish my situation on anyone, but I don't know that I would trade it for an easier one either. What would I think of God's love if I didn't suffer? ... I don't know that I would think of it at all.

It's probably a useless thing to ponder because, in any event, where I would be without my suffering is nothing compared to where I would be without His.


Suggested verse to repeat if it's a difficult day is from Psalm 73:28
PRC buddies, remember to breathe!
"I have made the LORD God ------- 5 count inhale
my refuge." -------> 5 count exhale

No comments:

Post a Comment